Overton County Jail Visitation Information
A note from the Jail Administrator:
This packet will inform you of what is expected of visitors to the Overton County Justice Center and information that may be helpful to family. If you have any questions contact the facility at (931) 823-5635.
All Clothing is made available by the facility or can be purchased through commissary.
Inmates will receive an intake kit upon arrival that will contain hygiene and toiletry items to get them started until they can order commissary.
A commissary Kiosk is available in the front lobby of the Sheriff's Department so families may deposit money on an inmate's books (the machine does not accept one dollar ($1.00) bills.) You must have the inmate's birthdate as such MM/DD/YYYY, or have their jacket number; the jacket number can be obtained from booking. Money Orders are not accepted, all money is to be deposited in the kiosk in the lobby area. No money will be taken at the window. Commissary is ordered on Monday and delivered on Wednesday or Thursday. Inmates have a kiosk in their housing units and can obtain account information anytime.
Phone service for the facility is provided by Combined Public Communication. A kiosk for telephone time is in the Sheriff's Department lobby. Funds can also be added at www.cpcjail.com
Personal Information, Telephone Calls and Messages
NO Messages will be taken for an inmate. Inmates will not be brought to the intake area to make telephone calls. All inmates have access to telephones. The telephone system operates with collect calls or the inmate can purchase phone time from the commissary kiosk.
If an emergency arises in the family and an inmate needs to be notified of the emergency, please contact a Correctional Sergeant at (931) 823-5635. You will be asked information concerning the emergency and will be expected to furnish said information.
No personal or medical information will be given about an inmate housed with the Overton County Sheriff Department.
Information about an inmate's time will only be given to the inmate.
PLEASE DO NOT CALL for information about inmates or what happened in court. Inmates have access to phones and can call those they choose to give this information to.
Overton County Sheriff's Department Corrections Division Visitation Rules & Dress Code
Visitors must fill out and bring in a Visitor Information sheet, which can be obtained here.
Visitors will comply with all Justice Center rules, policy and procedures.
For security reasons individuals entering or leaving the premises may be subject to a search of their person, parcels, vehicles or other unusual items.
- All attire must be conservative to enhance a family atmosphere.
- Visitors must be fully clothed and must wear shoes or sandals.
- Dresses and/or skirts, including slits in the garments, shall cover the kneecap when standing.
- Capri pants are allowed but they are defined as mid-calf in length.
- Buttons and zippers must remain fastened.
- Adults and physically-mature minor female visitors must wear a bra and undergarments.
The following clothing will NOT be allowed:
- Transparent, sheer clothing
- Dresses and skirts that have slits that expose the knee when standing
- Open weave sweaters or blouses (i.e. lace)
Strapless, tube tops, halter, low cut/backless, spaghetti straps or tops that expose midriff, sleeveless tops/dresses, tank tops, wrap around dresses/skirts.
- Layer clothing
- Tight fitting clothing (i.e. spandex)
- Attire displaying obscene/offensive, derogatory language or drawings
- Attire displaying gang association/gang related depiction and/or Hats, hoods, caps, shawls or scarves
- The department shall not be responsible for the loss of personal items brought on the property.
Onsite Visitation Rules
- Visitation is held on Saturdays & Sundays from 8am to 4pm. Visitation is available only through video. Legal and other official visits may be scheduled at the Shift Supervisor's discretion.
To schedule a visit you must call on Mondays & Tuesdays between the hours of 8am to 11am; ensure you tell the officer ALL the people that will be visiting. If someone is NOT on the visitation list for that week you will NOT be allowed to visit.
- No inmate may have a visit for the first 7 days of incarceration.
- Former employees will not be allowed to visit.
- Pets or animals are not permitted in the facility. Seeing-eye dogs are permitted.
- Photo ID must be presented each and every time you visit.
- Nothing from the outside will be accepted for inmates.
- Anyone under the age of 18 must be escorted by an adult.
- Visitors must be on time or you forfeit the visit.
Visitors dressed in clothing determined to be inappropriate by staff (such as revealing or sexually suggestive) will not be permitted to visit, or will have their visit curtailed and their name removed from the visitation list.
- All visitors must sign in upon arrival.
- Guardians will be responsible for minors conduct.
- No food/drink will be allowed in the visitation booths.
- No cell phones allowed.
- No keys, purses, diaper bags, infant seats, hats, jackets or backpacks of any kind will be allowed.
- Leave ALL tobacco products secured in your vehicle.
- No lighters/matches or weapons of any kind will be allowed.
- Visitors are expected to maintain appropriate behavior while visiting.
- Respect other visitors and inmates during visitations.
- If a visitor appears to be under the influence, they will be prosecuted.
Visitation may be cut short or denied for the following reasons: not enough visiting space, lewd or obscene language or gestures, refusal by the inmate or visitor to be searched, refusal by the visitor to show identification, use of false identification or refusal to sign in, failure by the inmate or visitor to follow facility rules, visitors allowing children to disturb others in the waiting or visiting area, inmates or visitors creating a disturbance, any inmate serving disciplinary time will be denied visitation privileges during punitive lockdown except for clergy and attorneys
- All visitors must wear shoes.
Failure to comply with these rules or violation of any state or local laws will result in the termination of all visits and possible charges.
Please contact the Sheriff's Department if you have any further questions.
Offsite video visitation is available Monday-Friday @ www.iwebvisit.com
Lewd conduct will result in the termination of hte visit and all future vists.